Silver Paste Type - Art Clay Silver
A unique manufacturing process creates our silver metal art clay. It doesn't require any special treatment. Craft beautiful pieces of jewellery quickly and live out your creative side.
It is very easy to work with and fires quickly. This product is low-fire clay that can be fired at 650ºC/1200ºF and is pure silver (99.9%) after firing.
The micro silver metal particles are combined with harmless organic pulp binding agents and water. It becomes solidified pure silver when you shape it like clay and fire it.
The special formula of this paste means you can easily combine it with glass, porcelain and ceramic materials, and it is also suitable for firing with sterling silver findings or wires.
You can create beautiful pieces of jewellery and bracelets.
About Our Art Clay Silver paste:
- Microscopic Silver Powder combined with non-toxic binders and water to form a precious metal clay paste
- It contains more water for a runny consistency
- Fires to 99.9% pure silver at lower firing temperatures
- Easily attach to silver findings and wires
- Buy with confidence from Australian jewellery artisan and distributor – Bare Hands Bracelets
Difference between Clay Type and Paste Type Art Clay Silver
The clay type silver metal clay can be used the same way as regular clay, modelling and sculpting your piece into an artistic shape.
Moisture is essential to keep the clay flexible and workable.
When the clay cracks while you work, use a brush or a wet cloth to moisten it.
By default, Paste carries more water than the clay type and has the consistency of melted ice cream. Only transfer the amount you need from the jar to a small tray, and use more water to make the thickness you desire.
You can use the silver paste in various ways:
- Join two pieces of dry or wet clay together.
- Filling gaps for pits and cracks in drying pieces.
- Attach silver findings (screw eyes, tailbacks, brooch findings, etc.) to dried or wet clay pieces. The normal contraction of the clay bonds the findings during the firing process.
- When applied in separate layers onto organic forms such as leaves, dried flowers, paper-origami, etc., Paste type creates a perfect impression of the form.